body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My wonderful grandmother

My husband's grandmother Jean is so dear to me. I never knew my biological grandparents so when I married into two wonderful sets, I have finally felt complete. Jean is the nicest, most wonderful person you could ever meet and just knowing her makes me a better person. She has gone through a lot in her 85 years, losing many of her loved ones at various stages in her life. The year I met my husband in 1997, she lost her daughter to Crohn's disease which was devastating. I never had the honor of meeting her daughter because I met my husband later that year. She said the most wonderful thing to me today which I will never forget. She told me that she wonders if God had brought me into Andy's life to help fill the void of losing her daughter. I of course started bawling like a baby. I am so touched that I mean so much to her and I of course think the world of her too. It's just great to really come to terms with how much our loved ones mean to us.

She's having some medical problems right now and has been in a lot of pain so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers!

This photo was taken two years ago on Easter Sunday and I will treasure it forever:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet Olivia! I love that! Thanks so much for sharing. She is beautiful. I will surely keep her in my prayers! God is good and faithful and He will be there for her!

Love you girl!

trinity said...

Hope you feel better G-G! I need to bring Sophia over to your house so you can see how much she's grown! We're thinking of you :)

kristi kienholz said...

Thinking of you and hoping for the best!