body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Whatever works!

I know a lot of moms read my blog so you can relate to this entry:

We've been struggling with Aidan not wanting to sleep in his bed for the past few weeks. He's grown very attached to me since I've been home full-time and suddenly he's been wanting to sleep in our bed. After many nights of struggling, he would always end up in our bed in the middle of the night. I hadn't gotten a decent night's sleep in weeks! He sweats, he kicks, and he punches... let me tell you, there's nothing like getting punched in the face in the middle of a deep sleep! We tried to play hardball and make him sleep in his bed, but Aidan is the most persistent kid on the planet. He will literally whine and cry for hours to get something he wants. Then I came up with the idea to build him a fort and have him sleep in there! It's been working great and I have finally been getting a decent night's sleep!

Advice to other parents... sometimes you just have to do whatever works to keep some sanity in your life!

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

Jack went thru this stage right after Joey was born. Yes, we do what we have to do -I was the receiver of those blows to the face and midsection too.
...cool fort BTW!