body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

What did you want to be when you grew up?

I had a busy day today. It was tax day for me and I managed to get some other running around done before ending up at my mom's house. She's trying to clear out all of my old stuff so I ended up looking through loads of old photos, yearbooks, and other embarrassing paraphernalia! The weirdest part was coming across and old 11th grade Family Living project. It was a folder titled, "The High Cost of Living." Inside was my prediction of the future...where did we see ourselves at age 30? I found it SO interesting since I am now 30 and had no idea what life had in store for me at age 16. Here's the gist of what it said, NO LIE!!

At age 30, I would be married and my husband would be 32. We would have 1 child, a boy, who would be 1 year old. I would be working as an artist making $14/hour and he would be in skilled construction making $18/hour. We would have a split level house and I would be driving a Nissan Maxima.

HOW FREAKY IS THAT?!??!

I'm not kidding you, so many of those things are true and there is just no way that I could have ever predicted such a thing. For one, I never went to school for art and for awhile I thought I would be working at Ameriprise forever. For two, who knew my husband would be 2 years older than me and install hardwood floors for a living?! A split level house and a Nissan Maxima?! I mean, I could have easily said he would be a doctor and we'd have a Mercedes, etc. That is just too weird! For the record, I no longer have my Maxima, but that was just a few months ago!

I also ended up bringing home some of my old photos. Please feel free to laugh hysterically at any of the following photos! My mom always made me pose doing the oddest things. I am definitely a child of the 80's. Check it out, leg warmers, a Snork, a Gremlin... moon boots! LOL The leotard photo was actually right before I performed a dance to Madonna's "Like a Virgin" in the second grade talent show! Haha, like I even knew what that meant!

The other girl in the photos is my childhood friend Jill. She was probably my first artistic inspiration. She now works designing the children's bedding line at Target headquarters.





































































































































Ha ha ha, that was such a good laugh.

4 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

LOVE the orange macrame (sp?) plant holders!!!
Thanks for sharing..I'll try to dig up some of mine so you can have a laugh!

leah charbonneau said...

When I was little, I wanted to be an artist. Everyone gave me gifts of colored pencils, paint, etc which was fun but I wasn't very good at it and would lose interest quickly. They were just giving me the wrong supplies! Who knew that I would grow up to be a photographer! Thanks for sharing these! Love the last two!

Erin Johnson Photography said...

You are livin the dream. Those photos are to funny! Thanks for sharing.

eliesa said...

YOU WERE A CHEERLEADER?!?!?! Awesome senior photos - so classic!

e