body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Trash the Dress!

Lookie what came today!

















Crappy photo, I know, but hey- I took it like 2 seconds before I posted this. I love this cover, I don't know what it is, it wouldn't normally be my style I don't think, but something about it is so different.

So, my friend Marissa (ex co-worker at Ameriprise) contacted me today and asked me if I heard about Trash the Dress sessions- of course I had- and then she offered to be a guinea pig for me! I have yet to pick out a location, but I think this will be so much fun! Some people are so against this saying that if you're going to ruin a perfectly good dress you should donate it to charity. I say- you bought the dress, if you're willing to get it a little wet or whatnot, it's up to you! Just like people that ruin perfectly good jeans but cutting the legs off and turning them into shorts! At least the dress is getting additional wear... My dress is sitting in our storage closet underneath our stairs. If I could fit into it again, I'd probably trash it! :)

It's so weird, I have run into or heard from so many of my Ameriprise ex co-workers in the past couple of weeks. It's really strange. Seriously, probably 10-12 random people have either seen me in the skyway, emailed me, or called me all in the past two weeks. Either they work in different a department now, or with a different company altogether, so it's very random to hear from them. It gets me thinking about all of the different people we meet in our lifetime and how all of the tiniest decisions that we make can have major affects on our lives. One of my greatest personality traits in my opinion is my thoughtfulness. I have always been a very thoughtful person, which is hard to come by nowadays. My sister is very thoughtful too, so we must have gotten it from our mom! My husband's grandmother is very dear to me and I have always been there to help her when I can. She sings my praises to everyone she knows and I can't tell you how wonderful it feels that I have such an affect on someone's life like that! So my inspiring message to you today is- think of a way to change someone's life. It could be as simple as treating a friend to a cup of coffee. Listen closely to their needs and surprise them! Everything always comes back full circle so someday when you need it most, it will come back to you!

On that note- I've received a few inquiries lately about people wanting to get started with photography. I've tried to help as best as I can. I think it's great that people are so passionate about it. It's a field that everyone dabbles in at some point or another in their lifetime. Who doesn't take pictures (or is a subject of a photo) at some point or another in their life?

Sorry for all of the rambling- I guess I had a lot to say!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Trash the Dress? Never heard of it - but if I could fit into my FIRST dress, I would trash it without a second thought!!