body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Gone Camping

I will be out of town this weekend for our annual family camping trip. Last year was our first trip with both boys so we stuck pretty close to home at a campground near Prior Lake. This year, since the boys are older, we're teaming up with some friends of ours and doing a big dual-family trip down in Owatonna. I've been looking forward to it all summer and can't believe the time has finally arrived! It should be HOT- but a lot of fun. Andy's boss offered to let us use his 70 ft. motor home, but come on... is it really camping if you have a bedroom, kitchen, two TV's, a shower, bathroom, and A/C? I don't think so. Instead we're semi-roughing it with our tent, air matresses, and sleeping bags. The campground has a pool so at least we'll be able to cool off. My favorite part of camping is sitting around the fire at night and talking- oh, and of course S'mores!

I was running some last-minute errands today and really appreciated the ages of my boys. They're 5 and 3 and so far, these have been my favorite ages! They're still very innocent but also very much independent. They listen, follow directions, and can have fun doing pretty much anything. I am really loving it and trying to cherish every moment. So... for those of you parents who are stuck in the terrible two's... it does get better and actually turns into something quite amazing. Owen asked me today, "Mama, when are you going to have another baby? I really want you to have another baby." Hmmm... I am really quite torn on the issue!

Anyway, I will be away and will return emails Sunday night. Don't forget to vote on the Fall Photo Shoot- and tell a friend, co-worker, or family member! ;)

No comments: