body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Monday, September 03, 2007

Butterflies in my stomach!

I am starting to get anxious. My once little baby boy will be starting Kindergarten this week! I always got nervous to start school each year and the feelings are all coming back to me as I'm about to send my son off to school for the first time. I'm excited for him but I'm also in denial of the world he's about to enter and the phase of life that is now upon him. Grades, judgment, teasing, bullies, cliques, mean teachers... need I go on?! I know there will be wonderful things too, but I can't help addressing the bad. This is such a huge milestone in his life. I feel like I've taken the past four years for granted but there's no going back. I've talked with so many of my clients that are parents and as they prepare for their child to graduate or are about to watch them walk down the aisle they all can't believe where the time went. Maybe I am sounding a little dramatic but my heart is filled with excitement, sadness, pride, and joy all in one. Whew, it's going to be an emotional week!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Olivia
I can remember Amanda's first day of K like it was yesterday - and today she starts her sophmore year in college!

I was overwhelmingly sad and overjoyed at the same time.

Bring kleenex and don't cry until you are out of the classroom ;)

Can't wait to see the pictures!