body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Shoot with me!

I had one of those busy days yesterday where I woke up and my day was non-stop until 1 am when I finally got home. I attended the Captivated by the Light seminar last night which was my first photo seminar. For the price and what it covered, I thought it was pretty decent, although, I don't have anything to compare it to! I learned and that is what is important I guess.

My favorite part of the seminar was a video presentation that was shot of Parker Pfister. The segment was about encouraging photographers to stay fresh and creative by shooting for themselves. Meaning, go out and shoot something you weren't paid to do. It doesn't matter what it is, but find some time and reconnect with your camera and light. Slow down and think about what you want to compose, shoot entirely in manual- manual settings, manual focus, everything. They showed a video of him going out on a shoot at dawn on his way to work and he stopped at an tree with an old tire swing and spent a lot of time there shooting from all different angles and perspectives.

It really made me want to plan a day to go out and do something like this. Sooooo... anyone want to join me? I would love to plan a day for photographers (or aspiring photographers) to go out and shoot a few hours before sunset. We'll pick a random location and just walk around and go exploring. I thought of putting together a "scavenger hunt" photo list of abstract things we could shoot and our mission would be to complete our list in the allotted time. Of course anything you see along the way you can stop and capture but I think it would be fun to see everyone's different take on the same list of objects. Afterwards, we could hang out and order pizza and look over our images.

I think this would be SOOOO FUN! So if you're in, shoot me an email and we can start coordinating a date. The only requirement is that you own a DSLR camera, otherwise any skill level is welcome!

YAY! I'M SO EXCITED! This could be an annual or seasonal thing...

No comments: