body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Friday, May 23, 2008

¡Hola from Cabo San Lucas!

We made it! After 11 1/2 hours of traveling, we finally made it to Cabo! We had a 2 hour layover in Phoenix and we arrived in Cabo at about 2 pm. After going through customs and an hour shuttle ride to our hotel, we finally got here at 3:30 pm, that's after leaving my house at 4:00 am the night before! I am so screwed up with time, it is 12:30 am right now in Cabo but 1:30 am in MN. My night owl ways haven't changed! :)

The first night here, we passed out (not from drunken-ness!) at about 9 pm and didn't wake up until 9 am today! We worked on our tans by the pool from 10 am to 2 pm then went for a long walk on the beach, followed by an afternoon of shopping. It's been my dream day!

Cabo is pretty great, but I am a little bummed that it doesn't have a swimming beach. The beach is pretty much for looks here because the current has such a strong undertow you pretty much can't set foot in it without getting sucked into the ocean! But the resort has so many fantastic pools to swim in so it doesn't really matter. The forecast said 90's this week and Gina and I have been freezing our a$$es off! Apparently, it's been abnormally windy the past two days, so it gets really cold in the shade and especially at night. As I type this in the open air lobby, I am freezing my butt off because I didn't pack any warm clothes!

Well, that's it for now. The wedding is tomorrow and I can't promise that I'll post any more pics before we leave on Saturday. There is still so much we want to do here... if only we had one more day!

Here are some photos... ¡Buenos noches!


Flying over Minneapolis...

Flying over Phoenix... look at all of the swimming pools!


Getting off the plane at the Cabo airport...





Taxi cab ride to downtown Cabo...





A little reminder of home!

No comments: