body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Blogger blah

It feels weird not updating over the weekend but there's not a whole lot going on here! I had the weekend off and spent some time with my family. I'm really trying to give myself some normal working hours so that I'm not at my computer 24/7.

Owen's party went well and we had a beautiful warm sunny day. Here's just a few pictures:

Yum! Dairy Queen cake!

Flying his first kite that he received as a present:
It's funny, Owen is at that age now where he cheeses it up for the camera so it's hard to get a decent photo of him looking natural. I wonder when that happens because I never tell him to look at me or smile.

We're celebrating another birthday tomorrow. My husband's grandmother Jean is celebrating her 87th birthday! I bought her an outfit at her favorite store (Christopher & Banks) and I am going to cook her favorite meal for her tomorrow and bring it over. It's my mom's specialty- I'll take pictures and post the recipe tomorrow! I love that I'm able to have the flexibility in my schedule to do things like that for my loved ones. :)

It's an important day tomorrow for another reason as well- it's Owen's last day of school! I'm going to take pictures of him getting on and off the bus and compare them to the ones I took at the beginning of the year. I can't believe he's done with Kindergarten already! This Fall he will be in first grade. I can hardly believe it.

Here he is with his teacher Mrs. Hull:

One more photo... this was taken on April 7th, 2008. I must have thought the gas prices were high, which they probably were at the time.


I think it might be fun to have all of my blog readers take a photo of the current gas price where they live and I will post them on my blog. You can email them to me and be sure to add what city and state the photo was taken in. Maybe I'll even get some photos from around the world. How cool would that be??

By the way, the current gas price at that same station is $3.89 just two months later. I'll be interested to keep track of this as on ongoing event so I can look back and watch as the change happened over time. I remember when I first got my driver's license 14 years ago... a gallon of gas was $.96. It shortly went up to $1.05/gallon and it was on outrage that it was over a dollar a gallon!! I could put $5 in my car and it would last me a couple of weeks!

Oh... one more thing! The Main Artery is doing so well! I've been getting lots of random emails from our customers telling me they love the store and love my work! I am so happy for the awesome new exposure. We're planning a big grand opening the weekend of June 21st. More on that to come. I'm also going to be putting together a Main Artery website as well. Stay tuned!

No comments: