body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Back to school!

The last two days have been a blur to me. I was talking with another mother of multiple children and we agreed that we can pretty much only focus on that day of deadlines, appointments, and to-do list. Forget about being able to plan ahead or put any thought into two weeks into the future. I pretty much only know what needs to be done two hours into the future. This is definitely the busiest time of the year!

With that being said, now that school has started in a way it has helped my schedule because there is just Oliver at home to take care of. At the same time, it also makes my life more challenging because I have a school schedule to stick to. I can no longer stay up until 2 am editing photos because I need my 7-8 hours of sleep or I am a complete zombie the next day and the day is pretty much shot productivity-wise. I also have to be a mom when the boys get home from school, so that means my work day needs to end at 4 pm when they walk through the door. I need to help with homework, make snacks, and get ready for dinner. I also may have a shoot or bride meeting scheduled in the evening. Then it's baths, bedtimes and time to start my second shift on the computer until bedtime.

My schedule has been so full with sessions and playing catch up with all the summer weddings I have. I ask for everyone's patience right now with photo deadlines and please know that I am getting to things as fast as I can. I hate to wait for anything and I am really excited to share your photos with you but this is the busiest I have been all year. Email is another huge task I have to keep up with so this is my mass communication to my clients that I am super busy and deadlines are maxed out right now. Unfortunately, I won't have much time to blog sessions here because it can be very time consuming and my focus is getting galleries up and completing orders. If you haven't already, become a fan of my photography on Facebook. I will begin posting session teasers on there as it is so much faster than writing up a complete blog post here.

Thanks so much for hanging in there. I hope you had a great holiday weekend. Besides a senior session, I did take the weekend off. I usually feel very guilty for taking any time off because of the constant work I need to do but I didn't feel guilty and I had two glorious relaxing days spent with family. It was so important to me to reconnect with my husband and kids before they went off to school and life got busy again. It was filled with so many moments of laughter and snuggles and I will treasure those memories and carry them with me into this busy fall season.

Another goal of mine is to get this body back into shape once and for all. The baby weight is killing me and incorporating exercise into my morning is something I'm committed to do. Do I have time to exercise? No, I should be working on photos 10 hours a day to stay caught up but I am not out to live a life making everyone else happy but myself. I *need* to take care of myself and be there for my family. As soon as this job becomes something that tears me away from that I don't want to do it anymore. Finding that balance is so hard. I know that every photographer out there can agree with me on that one. I hope that doesn't sound like I am ungrateful for what I have. I know that I am the luckiest girl alive! It's just that everyone needs a little "me" time or they feel resentful.

Here is my now 3rd and 1st grader getting onto the bus for their first day of school. It was a chilly morning! Here's hoping this new school year isn't a total blur. I am feeling like it will be Christmas before we know it!

No comments: