body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Monday, January 14, 2008

Updates...

My relatives (non-blog readers) have been asking me what I've been doing since it's the slow season. SLOW?! Things are still busy as ever, well... not as busy as October, that was unbelievable! I am still shooting and working on behind the scenes business "stuff." This month is also incredibly busy for meeting with potential brides and booking weddings. Congratulations to anyone who was recently engaged!

2008 booked dates are as follows:

February 29th (assist)
April 26th
May 3rd
May 17th
June 7th
June 28th
July 12th
August 9th
August 30th
September 6th
September 13th
September 20th
October 4th (blocked)
October 11th

Primarily, I am not a wedding photographer so I don't set out to book 40 weddings a year. I can't imagine shooting 40 weddings a season! That is a lot of work and a lot of weekends! One or two a month is the perfect amount for me!

This year I am going to block a few weekends off for myself and try to have some quality family time or possibly take a family vacation or two! I tried to do it last year, but ended up booking things anyway. That is a rapid road to burnout so I really need to watch that.

My husband's cousin Joan in Chicago is getting married on October 3rd this year and I'm so excited to go to her wedding! I haven't been to Chicago in years so we're going to stay a few extra days and sight see. Word is, she might be able to get me Oprah tickets?! (She works for Oprah!) I also haven't been a guest at a wedding in years so I'm excited for that too! She's actually coming up for a visit in just a couple of weeks and I'm going to shoot their engagement photos!

No comments: