body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Sunday, August 26, 2007

A little too much Mother Nature, thank you!

We survived our second camping trip of the summer! We went with our friends Randy and Kim again and we stuck a little closer to home. We even pretty much remembered everything! We had a great big site and the area all to ourselves, not to mention the most glorious weather! Well, after all of the rain and then beautiful sun, it must have spawned off a gazillion flies so our picnic table was completely overrun with dozens and dozens of flies and a handful of bees all day long. It was so irritating! The closest bathroom was a Biff and in there, lived these three ferocious spiders! I'm not kidding you, these suckers were HUGE woodland spiders, not the kind that you occasionally see in your house. Whenever I opened the door, they would take their stance and look at me. Thankfully, they only came out at night. The first night, my husband went in there and killed them all for me, but they were soon replaced with three new ones. I am such a fraidy cat when it comes to bugs so it was very stressful to have to use the bathroom! The mosquitoes were really bad too.

Sometimes I wonder why I go camping, but I do actually enjoy it and the boys LOVE it! I like sleeping in a tent and sitting by the fire. I am a campfire control freak. I always have to be the one adding wood to the fire, poking at it, flipping the logs over, etc. No way can I just sit back and relax like everyone else! Everyone that goes camping with me knows this and allows me to do it. But to me, that is relaxing!

So, home sweet home. I did have a relaxing weekend (minus the bugs!), and only took about 3 or 4 pictures all weekend long! Can you believe it?! I took a few pics of the site after it was all set up and then put my camera away. I missed a lot of great moments (like the guys trying to cut down this huge dead log and hanging from the tree), but I was kind of taking a vacation from "work" I guess.

No comments: