body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Happy 8 Year Anniversary!

I am now almost 2 years into photography! I got my 20D on my 28th birthday, along with a Tamron 18-200mm lens. I started my business with that lens, then had an awesome 29th birthday and got both the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L and the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L. Keeping with the tradition, I just ordered my white seamless paper, a second studio light, a grid, and some fun gels. Certainly not as big as last year's birthday, but photo related all the same. I've been up late these past few nights trying to learn all that I can about studio. If you're aspiring, search the internet! I've learned almost everything I know reading forums, articles, etc. That's not entirely true, because you do learn so much just jumping in and going at it. But as far as studio goes, I've had to teach myself everything.

Today marks my 8 year anniversary with Ameriprise Financial. Of course, when I started it was American Express Financial Advisors. I can't believe it's been that long. I've gone through so much in that time span! I was 21 when I started (almost 22). I had been dating my now husband for 6 months. We got engaged, got a dog (Cherokee), bought a house, got married, had two kids... and started my own business! What's really funny is, I started 8 years ago full time with a set salary. After the birth of Owen, I went back part-time (60%). Since last year, I am now working a 50% schedule and making the same salary I did when I first started! lol

1 comment:

Laurie said...

What an exciting two years for you and your family!

So we really were one of your first customers if you'd only been at it for a month - some of the pics from that first photo shoot are my all time favorites!