body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My Crazy May

Well, I did it... I made it through my crazy May! I must say, I have never had such a busy month in my entire life. Business-wise, "busy is good" but this kind of busy can send a person to the mental ward! I am used to busy weekends, but not only was that the case this month, but my weeknights were busy as well. It seems as if almost every night of the week I was meeting with a client, had a shoot, or had to run an important errand after work. There were many nights where I didn't get home until 9 pm or later, ate dinner at my computer and edited until 1 am or later. In between all of that, I was trying to work on my studio, get my kids outside to play and keep up on my housework. Now that I'm working through it, I'm definitely learning my limits and have actually gone through and given myself some time off! This past weekend was great and I actually have another relaxing weekend up north to look forward to. Remember, I pretty much have 3 full-time jobs it seems! My day job with a 3-hour commute each day, wife/mother, and my photography business which is full-time +++. Now that I am opening up my studio soon, I suspect it will continue to be a little crazy but at least I will be closer to home. I do a lot of driving... a LOT. I am looking forward to driving 2 minutes to a shoot, then driving back home!

Now that I've got all that off my chest- whew! I really am NOT complaining. Believe me, I am so blessed at the opportunities and success I've acheived in such a short time. I couldn't ask for anything more, but I just wanted to put some perspective at my end. I very much love what I do (well, not so much my office job) but I am still human and always a mother! Since I do run my business from home I face a lot of interruptions at times so late night is my best time to work. I just can't always stay up until 2 am and work the next day!

The following is a comparison photo of my May and June appointment book. Anything written down was somewhere I had to be!

No comments: