body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Friday, March 23, 2007

Suddenly, I have a studio!

In a recent, fast-paced change of events, I now have my own studio space! I have been thinking about it but just haven't come across any good real estate. I had been offered to share space up in Minneapolis but it was too costly for only 2 days a week, not to mention the commute. My husband came across a "For Rent" sign on this little space right off of Main Street in New Prague. He called last night and got the stats. The leasing agent agreed to meet with me this morning and I got to see the space. After talking with him, and another building tenant, I got all of my questions answered and a fantastic rate. A few minutes later, I was handed over the key! The location is great- I would share the same parking lot with the busiest drug store in New Prague. Plus, I would be able to walk out the door about 20 feet away and grab myself a soda or candy bar! It used to be a barber shop, but now I'll be able to put my name on the door!

I can't begin to tell you how fantastic it feels to actually have my own little storefront! It has been the most empowering feeling. I have already been there three times today. ;) Now, this place needs a lot of TLC, but I am so excited to put work into it. I have a picture of how I want it to be in my mind. The most exciting part for me will be to blow up some of my work and showcase it on the walls. I already have color schemes, furniture, and funky wallpaper in my head.

I know I've always said I was anti-studio, but studio can look great with the right lighting and style. I do not have a desire to be Proex or Sears, but I will find ways to put my own little twist on things. For instance, definitely no gray marbled backdrops. I am probably going to have solid white paper on one wall, and funky wallpaper that I can change out on the other. All in all, it's a pretty exciting project in the works! Not to mention, the idea of driving 2 minutes to my studio and having someplace to hang out and meet clients is so amazing!

Don't worry, I will still offer my on-location shoots. This is just a great off-season way to be able to continue business. Here are some "before" pics... I can't wait to show you the AFTER pics!









































No comments: