body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Calm Before the Storm

I was so busy last year right up until Christmas Day. Then I had my surgery and was forced to take a break while I was recooperating. It's been a slow couple of months but that's all about to change! This weekend is my last free weekend until April 21st: weddings, engagement pictures, The Wedding Fair, the Bunny Shoot, family get-togethers, and Easter... whew, that's a mouthful! I've enjoyed my time off, but I'm itching to get out and shoot. I haven't taken ANY pictures for almost a week. When I first starting shooting, if a few days went by and I didn't shoot, I would actually have dreams about shooting. It's quite crazy. I'll be seeing my niece Sophia tomorrow and she'll be debuting in her first photo shoot since she was born two weeks ago.

Other personal goings on: Ameriprise (my part-time job) is really great at raising money for charity and I love to volunteer. There is a silent auction next Thursday to raise money for the Food Shelf so I will be donating some homemade baked goods up for bid. I haven't decided on what to make so we'll see what I come up with. Today at work, I took photos at our quarterly Town Hall meeting. I was asked at the last minute so of course I didn't have my real camera so I had to resort to using the department point and shoot. Although it was a nice point and shoot (I got to pick it out and they ordered it), it's just not the same!

The following week, I'll be registering Owen for Kindergarten! Kindergarten, can you believe it?! I can't. It's weird to think that he will actually start to retain memories of his childhood. I actually remember certain parts of Kindergarten and even a little of my first day. My greatest hope is to create nothing but the happiest memories for my kids.

No comments: