body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Saturday, March 24, 2007

First Wedding of the Year

I had my first lead wedding of the year today. It was a wedding for Bellagala so unfortunately, I can't post any images. Everything turned out great! It was a little stressful for me at first. It was my first time working with this assistant and we decided to carpool from my house down to Rochester. We got there at 1 pm and were scheduled to set up and start portraits at 2 pm. It's always nice to be able to set up lighting beforehand and get the right settings all figured out as it is all trial and error. Well, there happened to be a funeral service going on at 1 and it lasted until 1:45 pm. That gave us only minutes to scramble and get set up while the families and wedding party were waiting. The job of a wedding photographer is definitely being quick on your feet!

Mother Nature offered a beautiful overcast day (perfect for portraits) and some nice warm air. It did rain a little bit after the ceremony, but good thing we nailed out indoor portraits quickly so we were able to have some fun outside. I was so proud of myself because I tried a few new group posings today and they turned out great!

The reception was held at the Rochester Art Center... what a fabulous location! It is nothing but huge floor to ceiling windows looking out at downtown Rochester. It was filled with tons of natural light... such a huge change from the usual dungeon Hotel ballroom.

It was a great way to kick of the wedding season... I'm feeling pretty good!

No comments: