body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Saturday, December 09, 2006

My favorite show (Grey's Anatomy) is back to haunt me!

I have to have surgery! I just wanted to share my story while it's so fresh in my mind...

I just got back from spending 6 hours in the ER at Fairview Southdale. I had my first "episode" last week- I was going to bed and was suddenly hit with this excruciating pain in my stomach. When I say excruciating, I mean, 10 times worse than child birth! It is a constant pain that didn't go away for hours and was also accompanied by the chills, excessive sweating, and clammy skin. It came on and turned off like a light switch.

Today, I had appointments to get the boys hair cut and decided to stop at Southdale quick to try to do some Christmas shopping. After spending a few hours at the mall we were tired and ready to go home when another "episode" hit. I was doubled over in pain on a mall bench with my kids. Luckily, my sister happened to be only 10 minutes away so she came and helped me out. I could hardly even get up off the bench, let alone walk all the way back to the car. She took care of the boys in the waiting room for hours. I didn't bring anything with me, no diapers, wipes, snacks, etc. because I didn't think we'd be gone for more than a couple of hours.

I went to urgent care and spent a good hour and a half there. After getting some blood work done, the doctor found out my white blood count was through the roof! Normal range is 7-11,000 and mine was 19,200! He definitely knew something was wrong so he sent me over to the ER and ordered an ultrasound where they discovered I had gallstones. The only remedy for that is to have my gall bladder removed. I didn't end up leaving the ER until 12:30 am! I am meeting with a surgical consultant on Monday to have a pre-op consultation and figure out when to do it. It is recommended that I have it done within the next week or two.

So yeah, I'm a little scared. I've never really had surgery before. I just can't believe a simple trip to the mall turned into such a fiasco.

No comments: