body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Always a bridesmaid never a bride

I do my best thinking late at night... one night I was emailing a senior and we were trying to come up with a concept for her shoot. She is into high fashion and wanted to do something different. Suddenly the thought of putting her into a gown and wading through a fountain came into mind. Of course I wanted to test out the idea so who better to rock this concept than Linnea right? Then I ended up talking to Kyle and had to invite him along too of course!

My once senior clients, then employees, now friends are both leaving for college on Wednesday and will be living in a different state. I promised Linnea and Kyle we'd do a shoot before they left and we had a blast thrift store shopping for gowns and throwing this together at the last minute. I had a very specific look I wanted to go for but with only 24 hours to plan and an hour to shop, we had to take what we could get. After searching store after store and running out of precious sunlight, we settled on using anything we found at the next store. There was only one gown there and this little beauty was it! At first of course we thought it was the gaudiest thing ever, but then we decided that it HAD to be the one because it was the gaudiest thing ever! I'm so happy it turned out the way it did because I wouldn't have it any other way!





Linnea is so stinkin' beautiful. She is the only one I know that could make this dress look fabulous!

I wish my friends the best of luck on their creative journeys... I just know they are going to do great things with their lives and someday when we're all rich we'll meet in Europe or somewhere and reminisce about this day!

And now the outtakes... because this shoot was so much fun!

The way they were standing reminded me of a Christian rock band so they both happen to put their arms up like this for a split second and I caught it on film.

SO much fun!

No comments: