body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Office makeover

We're in the process of doing some home remodeling by creating a new master suite in our lower level freeing up our old upstairs bedroom for my new office! This could not come at a better time. I am currently working from a tiny, corner desk in my kitchen (see photo below). Obviously, that's not enough space so I've also taken over the kitchen table and our sideboard with all of my stuff. It is so completely ridiculous and it's impossible for me to stay organized. Most days I could just pull out my hair!

I am so excited for the opportunity to create my own space to work with my business. I'm equally excited to reclaim my dining area as an actual eating space!

Every day is a learning experience as far as my business goes. It seems as if things are constantly evolving and I have had to learn to adapt to a number of changes over the years. For example, now that my kids are in school, my work week is limited to the hours that I have during the day when I'm not picking them up and dropping them off. Then I always seem to have errands to run like trips to the post office, bank, doctor/car/hair appointments, and I also try to help out my husband's elderly grandmother by taking her where she needs to go. Like so many other moms (and women in general!), I am pulled in a million different directions!

I don't know exactly what I am trying to say with all of this (maybe just venting?) except that I appreciate my wonderful clients who understand that I am a busy mom and can sometimes miss a deadline due to uncontrollable circumstances! I hope for a better and more organized future where I can whip out photos like nobody's business and still keep my sanity!

Because I am looking for furniture (and I'm a dork), I drew up a floor plan for my new office. I am still figuring out what I need in there but here is the basic layout. Imagine going from that homely little college dorm room desk (pictured above) to this! I'm SO excited!


Oh, and if anyone has any organization strategies that they want to share with me, please let me know!

No comments: