body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Thursday, August 03, 2006

My first entry...

I thought I would start a blog for all of my photography endeavors since all of you are probably getting sick of random pictures from me in your inbox! This way, if you're wondering what I'm up to, you can check out my blog. A brief history... I started my business almost a year ago to the date. I bought my camera the day after my birthday last year. I posted some ads on craigslist for family photography and I had clients the following weekend! It's amazing to think I have come this far in less than a year.

My first posted photos are collages of my first photo shoot event. I planned this back in June and it was a huge success! The theory was I would pick a location for one day and have everyone come to me instead of me driving all over the place like usual. Clients booked a half hour time slot and received a custom designed 12 x 12 collage and a CD of their session. Despite the 100 degree weather, it went really well. Everybody showed up on time, kids behaved themselves, and everyone had a good time. In between appointments in the afternoon, I also booked two high school seniors who shared a session. Clients continued to contact me even after I was all booked. I have enough spillover clients to book another full day of shoots! I think I will do these more often!

I rented the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS lens for the day. It's a $1,700 lens and is worth every penny! It was such an awesome lens, I can't wait to get one someday. I am getting the much cheaper f/4 version this week!

Eva and Thomas- a new client. My first appointment of the day.



The Reisigs- they were my first client ever about a year ago...




















The Lorensen's- they were a referral from Laurie.



The Courtemanche's- This is Laurie and 4 of her 5 kids!




















The Lester Family- my second client ever.



The Tinklenberg's- a new client



A few senior pics:





Upcoming events:

Family shoot for Stacey Garry, mother of 13 month old twin boys, and a 3 1/2 year old boy. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic work!