body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Monday, January 02, 2012

A New Year! | Olivia Wagner Photography

I have been a busy little bee over here at Olivia Wagner Photography! The new year brings new changes and investing back into the business which I love. I updated the blog with lots of new posts (more to come!) and added some extra design interest which is exciting! I had a great 2011 and over the holiday break I had some time to reflect and make the changes I want to incorporate.

My CD price has slightly increased from last year. I wanted to take a moment to educate clients about selling digital files. Digital files are a highly sought after product and nowadays I think everyone expects to receive them with custom photography. I certainly would want digital files if I were to book a photographer. Understand that as a business owner who makes a living doing photography (meaning- no other full-time job or way to make income), selling our digital files generally means a cap on a sale from a client. Once a client has digital files in hand, there is no need to purchase any additional prints or products from us because they can easily and inexpensively make their own. You can see the value in owning these files as a consumer- you own them for a lifetime and can reproduce them as often as you'd like. As a modern day photographer, they are the bread and butter of our business so you can imagine that we would need to profit off of them to be able to not only sustain a business, but earn a paycheck for ourselves. Don't forget we have to pay taxes, pricey health insurance policies, hire employees, as well as put food on the table. I'm not trying to make this sound like a pity party, but I think that since photography has become such an easy side business for creative people with regular full-time jobs, that clients take for granted that the professionals who make a living doing photography need to charge more.

There are no other price changes with the exception of a new payment schedule. As usual, the session fee is due at the time of booking but the new change is my minimum order amount will now be due the day of the session. That minimum will act as a deposit on your order and the balance of your order will be due when you actually place your order.

To help enforce my policies, I have created some informational pieces which you will receive when you book a session. I look forward to a new year, building client relationships, and forming some new ones!

Now scroll down and enjoy all of the new posts!

No comments: