body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Canon to Nikon --> this girl's plan


I'm dreaming of a new camera... only it isn't the rumored new Canon 5D Mark III (although I am very curious about that!), it is the new Nikon D800. Yep, I'm switching to Nikon. Why? I'll admit it, I never in a million years thought I would switch to Nikon. I have always been a Canon girl. When you buy your first camera you ultimately have to choose. For you non-photographers, Canon and Nikon are like Ford and Chevy. Which one is better? That's tough to say, but most photographers feel strongly either way. For me, it started with almost everyone I know shooting Canon. Once I got to know more photographers, a Nikon shooter would pop up here and there. Now that I am good friends with two different Nikon shooters, I have fallen in love and am excited to make the switch! In my eyes its the best and I have to have the BEST!

The Nikon D800 is currently on pre-order and available next month. I recently priced out all of my equipment for sale and here is a list:

Canon 5D w/grip- pending sale
Canon 30D w/grip
Canon 20D
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L non IS
Canon 50mm f/1.2L- pending sale
Canon 85mm f/1.8 w/hood- pending sale 
Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro w/hood (non L)- pending sale 
Canon 15mm f/2.8 fisheye- pending sale
Canon 550ex Speedlite- pending sale

pending sale means that there is a buyer for the item but the item has not yet exchanged hands. 

Please contact me for a full price list. Serious inquiries only please. I need a realistic look at my funding for the new Nikon gear. Some of the gear is available for purchase now, but since I am still shooting, some of it isn't available until next month.

Thanks!

No comments: