body { background: #ffffff; background-image: url(https://drive.google.com/open?id=c1IWZkP_UvP4yD7Nl1P8KBXwO_oZRCSD9U); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; width: 100%; margin: 0; }

Monday, November 09, 2009

Sick of being sick

With my weakened immune system after the flu, now I caught a horrible cold. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't already run down to begin with. I've been coughing my head off for 3 days and to make matters worse, I tore or pulled a muscle in my abdomen from all of the coughing so now every time I have to blow my nose or cough (which is every 3 minutes) I'm in severe agony. It really doesn't get much worse than this, I'm so weak and haven't slept or eaten much. I really don't think I've been this sick in my entire life! It's been a horrible past month!

Just in case you've been wondering what happened to me, now you know. I really hope to feel better soon. I feel like throwing a party or something the day I stop coughing, it will be a joyous day!

2 comments:

john said...

feel better soon olivia. my wife went thru a similar experience...but in her case, she cracked a rib. it was an awful time for her. hopefully you've been prescribed a good cough remedy (likely with codeine) -- an ace bandage wrap will help provide you some support.

being sick sucks ...so i hope you're over the hump soon.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for still doing our pics. I know how much it stinks to work when you're not well and you really pushed through it. You are a rock star!!

When ever you're coughing make sure you are "splinting" your abdomen (especially with the weakened ab muscles from the pregnancy) with a pillow. Hold it against your abdomen and curl your upper body and legs up around the pillow when coughing. It's the same technique they use in hospitals when a patient needs to cough after abdominal surgery. This will allow you to get a really good deep cough and clear those lungs!!!

Hang in there

Becky